Davis Little League Spring Season registration opens November 15th, 2022 and closes December 20th, 2022.
Spring Registration FAQ
Please check out our DLL Home Page on the Events section for a list of important upcoming dates. Once you are registered you can also check out the DLL Calendar for all important dates throughout the season including registration dates, Opening Day, game dates and Picture Day.
What Divisions are offered in Spring Ball?
The Spring 2023 Season will include T-Ball, Farm, AA, AAA, Majors, Intermediate (50/70), Juniors and Challenger
When does the season start?
Opening Day is Saturday March 4, 2023. Practices will begin mid February.
How old does my child have to play to participate in the Davis Little League?
The Spring 2023 Davis Little League Season is for players ages 4-12 (tee ball - Majors) and 13-14 (Intermediate 50/70 and Juniors). DLL adheres to the 2023 Little League Age Chart. PLEASE REFER TO THIS CHART AND FIGURE OUR YOUR CHILD'S LL AGE BEFORE REGISTERING. Your child's LL age can be different from their actual age as our age chart flips over to the new year in September of every year.
What level should my child play?
Please refer to our About DLL page to see what level DLL recommends for your child's age and ability. If you have any questions you can always reach out to the DLL Registrar for more information or to make a special request for your child to play up or down a level.
What other levels are offered through DLL?
In addition to the divisions listed on our About Us page, we will also offer an Intermediate (sometimes called 50/70) and Juniors division. These divisions are generally for Little League 13 and 14-year-olds, but players as young as 11 may also participate.
- Intermediate - Players who are Little League age 12 and 13 who wish to continue their Little League career with DLL and play on larger 50/70 fields. This division does NOT practice or play games at the DLL complex as those fields are too small. They generally practice and play games at other larger fields in Davis or surrounding communities.
- Juniors - Players who are Little League ages 13 and 14 who wish to continue their Little League career with DLL on larger 60/90 fields as they prepare for high school competition. This division does NOT practice or play games at the DLL complex either.
- Challenger - our division for children ages 6-22 with intellectual and physical challenges who have a love for the game of baseball but cannot play in the competitive divisions listed above.
When are Tryouts and who are they for?
2023 Spring Tryouts will be held in late January. Please check back for specifics to be posted soon. Players will be assigned a 30 minutes time slot for evaluations. More information will be emailed to registered AAA and Majors players that week.
- Only AAA and Majors attend tryouts. T-Ball, Farm, AA, do not have skills evaluations.
- All players will be assigned to a team, regardless of their tryout performance. Help your child relax. This is just a way for the managers to get a quick look at your child's skills to help with competitive team balances at these levels.
How old does my child have to be to participate in the Davis Little League?
The Spring 2023 Davis Little League Season is for players ages 4-12. DLL adheres to the 2023 Little League Age Chart. PLEASE FIGURE OUR YOUR CHILD'S LL AGE BEFORE REGISTERING. Your child's LL age can be different from their actual age - it is their age on Sept 1, 2023.
What are the DLL Covid-19 Policies?
DLL continues to follow Yolo County, CA Dept of Public Health, and CDC guidelines. Please see our Safety Page for more information.
Can I request a specific coach or to play with a friend?
No. In order to keep teams fair, our Farm & AA Division Reps balance teams by dispersing players based on their league, age, experience, and school. We endeavor to have kids play with a few others from their schools so they'll know "someone". Baseball is all about making new friends. Part of team sports is developing the individuals into a team. While we all value friendships and love our former coaches, growth comes from trying new things and playing with new friends and coaches. Baseball is a perfect training ground for developing new relationships in the future. AAA and Majors players are chosen in a draft that follows the skills evaluations, thus same rules apply.
We do allow player/coach requests at the T-Ball level but please keep in mind these requests cannot be guaranteed in every circumstance. We will do our best to balance teams and place players with their desired buddies, but no guarantees.
Siblings will be placed together on the same team unless one is not ready to play at the same level or the family requests separate teams.
The only way to guarantee 2 friends play together is if their parents register as manager/asst coach and agree to coach a team together.
When will I be notified of my child's team placement?
You should hear from your child's coach by early February
Any questions not answered here, please contact the DLL Registrar or the DLL Board of Directors