Registration now CLOSED for Spring 2024 - No Waitlist Available
Our next season is Fall 2024 for AA, AAA, & Majors Divisions Only
DLL 2024 Spring registration dates: November 15, 2023 - January 8, 2024
Davis Little League Divisions
· CHALLENGER The Challenger division is our adaptive program for players with physical or intellectual challenges. This division is open to players 5-18, and up to 22 if still enrolled in school. Please reach out to [email protected] for players over 18 trying to register. In this division, Challenger athletes are paired with buddies to help keep them engaged, show them what to do next during a play, and most importantly keep them safe and enjoying themselves on the field. Challenger practices and games will take place on Saturdays at 11am.
· TEE BALL The jewel of Davis Little League, Tee Ball is where it all starts! Players aged 4-6 will get to learn the basics of the sport in a fun and relaxed environment. Each player will get an opportunity to hit off the tee and advance a single base. There are no outs and no scores, just a lot of cheering and laughter! With only 1 practice a week and 1 game each Saturday, Tee Ball is a wonderful way to meet new friends, get exercise, and begin to learn the incredible sport of baseball!
· FARM Division is for players who are at least 6 years old and have had a year of Tee Ball experience. In this division players are still learning the rules of the game, but unlike Tee Ball there are outs and coach pitch is introduced as opposed to working off a tee. Players will develop their throwing and batting skills and slowly work to more confidence with catching.
· AA Division is for players to first learn live pitching and some limited base stealing. The field size is somewhat larger than Farm and players become more familiar with positions. Plays are now being made on a consistent basis. Players not drafted to AAA may benefit from the skills development emphasized in AA. There are NO TRYOUTS and NO DRAFTS for AA players.
· AAA Division is the step from learning to pitch and steal in AA to seeing those skills flourish as players age up. It will also have players repeating the level to gain broader experience in preparation for Majors. Games are on the big fields w/lights and can be somewhat later in the evenings due to this field change. Skill levels increase as does the speed and pace of the game. At this level, players start to understand strategy as the game has fewer restrictions than lower levels.
· NOTE – ALL AAA registered players are required to attend skills assessments, regardless of experience. The DLL Board will work with coaches during the draft process to identify players who are not yet ready for the level of play at the AAA level and assign them to AA. Ultimately, we want balanced and fair teams and most importantly for players to be at the level of play that is right for their experience and current skill level
· Majors Division is for players with greater baseball experience. The skill level for Majors is significantly higher than AAA. Play is faster and pitching becomes more consistent, fast, and accurate. Strategy becomes an integral part of the game at this level and players need to be ready for this transition before they move up.
· NOTE - ALL Majors registered players are required to attend skills assessments, regardless of experience. ALL LL Age 12 players must apply for Majors. DLL Board will work with coaches following the skills assessment to identify players who would benefit from an additional year of AAA baseball and some players who register for Majors may be ultimately assigned to AAA. Ultimately, we want players to enjoy their season and play in the division that is best suited for their age, experience, and current skill level.
· 50/70 - This division is for players who have aged out of Majors. Players Little League Age 13 play in this division where the fields are bigger, the distance between bases and pitching distances are greater, and skill/strategic play increase. They play in leagues with other teams in our Little League district and home games are typically held at Civic Field or Playfields, where the field size matches this division. Away games are played in Vacaville, Woodland, Dixon, or Winters.
· Juniors – Players Little League age 14 play in this division. They play in leagues with other teams in our Little League district and home games are typically held at Civic Field or Playfields, where the field size matches this division. Away games are played in Vacaville, Woodland, Dixon, or Winters.