As the manager of a team, you are responsible for fostering a positive environment for learning and growth. The manager sets the tone for the team. Foremost, we want you to prioritize fun and sportsmanship as your players develop baseball skills and knowledge over the course of a season. Your goal is to end the season with every kid wanting to sign up to play again the next year!
Prior to the start of a season, managers/coaches must:
- Register as a Head Coach/Manager through the Sports Connect website;
- read and understand the current DLL Local Rules - Please see "About DLL" for current local rules
- submit for a Background Check (this request will be sent to our 3rd party company JDP by the DLL Safety Officer once you register through Sports Connect);
- complete Live Scan Fingerprinting (only to be completed once in your coaching career - if you have already completed for a previous season it does NOT need to be done again) ;
- complete CDC Heads Up Concussion Training;
- identify an Assistant Coach (one assistant coach of record per team for AAA/Majors, two assistant coaches of record for AA/Farm/TBall);
- identify a Team Parent Volunteer to coordinate the several volunteer roles amongst your player families.