The goal of the Instructional division is to provide players with a fun initiation into the very basic concepts of baseball. Over the course of the season, we hope that players will continue to improve on the skills they began developing in T-Ball. In addition, they should start to develop some new skills, including:
- how to catch a fly ball,
- how to hit a thrown ball,
- how to slide,
- how to block catch and block balls as a catcher,
- and how to pitch (even though they won't until single A)
Along the way, players should also be adding to their knowledge of game play, including:
- returning to their base on caught fly balls,
- backing up other players,
- and learning to get the "easiest" out.
To assist new coaches, we provide a practice template that we hope will help with running fun, efficient practices.
A Division Practice Template
let us know of any techniques or materials that you think should be added to this page by contacting [email protected]