The goal of the T-Ball division is to provide players with a fun initiation into the very basic concepts of baseball. Over the course of the season, we hope that players will start to develop a few fundamental skills, including:
- how to grip and throw a ball,
- how to position their hands to catch balls in the air and ground
- and how to grip and swing a bat.
Along the way, players should also pick up some of the basics of game play, including:
- the names and locations of the positions on the field
- the concepts of force and tag outs
- the importance of teamwork (not everyone should chase after every ball!)
- how to run the bases
To assist new coaches, we provide a practice template that we hope will help with running fun, efficient practices.
let us know of any techniques or materials that you think should be added to this page by contacting [email protected]