Posted Apr 30, 2018
Voluteer with the Chill
The Cromwell Chill Soccer Club (CCSC) is a volunteer organization and our success is contingent upon how many parents are willing to volunteer their time to make their daughter and/or son’s experience a positive one.
The list below identifies the Club Officer Positions and Additional Volunteers that run our Club. If you would like to get involved, please contact one of our Club Officers about openings.
CLUB OFFICER POSITIONS
- President –- Responsible for the overall club; ensures club goals and guidelines are met; chairs monthly board meetings; represents the CCSC at CJSA district meetings as well as the CJSA Annual Meeting.
- Vice President -- Acts on behalf of the board and club president to institute the club’s goals and guidelines.
- Secretary -- Records minutes of monthly board meetings and acts at the direction of the board.
- Treasurer -- Responsible for tracking and reporting the club’s finances.
- Registrar -- Responsible for player registration and the certification of all players and CCSC volunteers with the CJSA.
- Director of Equipment -- Responsible for maintaining, tracking, and ordering equipment and uniforms.
- Director of Fields -- Responsible for overall oversight of club soccer fields; coordinate the scheduling of fields for both training and home games.
- Director of Publicity and Sponsors -- Responsible for obtaining sponsors for the CCSC; ensure sponsors get team picture/plaques each Fall season.
- Referee Coordinator –- Assigns referees for all CCSC home games; recruits new referees and ensures that all referees are properly certified.
- Fundraising Coordinator -- Plan and coordinate all fund raising activities for the CCSC.
- Player Representative -- Act as a mediator for any conflicts that may occur between a player and coach; serve as Discipline Chairman to CJSA.
- Director of Team Training -- Coordinate team try outs, provide assistance for team training sessions and evaluating team performance.
- Director of Communications and Marketing -- Responsible for maintenance of the CCSC website and ensuring that all web functionality is fully utilized to benefit club activities;
- Head Coaches -- Approved by the CCSC to work with and teach our players; pass a background check; willing to pursue and take coaching courses; schedules all league, friendly, and tournament games;
- Assistant Coaches -- Recommended by a teams head coach and approved by the CCSC; assists the Head Coach in completing their assignments.
- Team Managers -- Provides each team with administrative support; coordinates that all documentation is completed (i.e. - medical release forms, codes of conduct, etc.); fundraising contact for each team; assists in team communications regarding training, schedule changes, etc.;
- Assistant Officers (Treasurer, Registrar, Referee Coordinator, Fundraising, Team Training) -- Assists the primary CCSC Officer in completing their assignments.