"MANY HANDS LIGHTEN THE LOAD"
North Haven Soccer Club is a volunteer organization and our success is contingent upon how many parents & adults are willing to give a little of their time to make their son or daughter's experience a more positive one. Not only will your child benefit, but over 600 North Haven children benefit from our program. It is also a great chance for you to become involved in our community while making some lifelong friendships. As you will see from the list below, most positions require no experience or soccer expertise.
If you're interested in helping out in any capacity, please contact us at: [email protected] or let your coach know you are interested in helping out.
Still unsure? Come to our monthly board meetings (held the 4th Monday of every month @ 7:15 pm in the rec center) to learn more about the inner workings of the club and hear about some of the areas that need help.
COMMITTEES/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (many of these positions are open or are currently filled by officers and directors taking them on as additional responsibilities; any one of the areas below can use MORE HELP):
- Assistant Webmaster - Assists the Webmaster with all responsibilities for maintenance of the NHSC web site, including online registration, messages related to field closures and weather, and useful club information; also works with coaches and team managers to give online access and monitor content on team pages. A computer background is helpful.
- Assistant Referee Coordinator- Recruits and assigns referees for NHSC in-town U8 and U10 games; reports any issues to the Director of Referees; summarizes and provides referee payment information to the Director of Referees monthly.
- Assistant Treasurer - Assist the Treasurer with deposits and payments of bills, referee payments, etc. A financial/banking/accounting background is helpful.
- Assistant Registrar - Assist the Registrar with uploading teams to CJSA/SCD leagues and obtaining approved rosters. Help gather any missing birth certificates and photos needed for player rosters and passes.
- Uniform Committee - collects all player uniform orders; coordinates the purchase and distribution of all uniforms; follows up on any uniform issues; periodically obtains updated pricing quotes.
- Winter Program Coordinator - responsible for the planning, scheduling and registration of all winter clinic programs.
- Summer Camp Coordinator - works with the Summer Camp Coaching Director to coordinate all planning, scheduling and registration of the summer camp.
- Scholarship Committee - 3 member committee reviews all College Scholarship applications and awards 2 - $500 scholarships annually.
- Nominating Committee - 3 member committee proposes a slate of officers to be elected in June annually.
- Parade Committee - plans and organizes NHSC's participation in the Memorial Day Parade annually.
- Coaches Game/Player Recognition Night Committee - plans and organizes the annual Coaches vs. Coaches game and Player Recognition night.
- Sponsorship Coordinator - responsible for obtaining company sponsors for the NHSC in-house soccer programs each season; works with the webmaster and the uniform committee to ensure sponsors are recognized appropriately on the website and uniforms appropriately.
- Registrar: responsible for collecting all player registration information; providing registration data to our governing bodies in accordance with their requirments; produce certified team rosters; verify the accuracy of registration fees billed by CJSA
- District Representative: acts as liason between NHSC and CJSA South Central District; attends district meetings and reports back to the club on any changes or issues impacting the club.
- Director of Boys/Girls Programs: oversee day-to-day operations of their respective programs; make determinations on number of teams and assign players to teams; communication with divisional representatives; address issues that arise within their programs; work closely with Uniform & Equipment director to ensure all teams have proper equipment
- Director of In-town Programs: oversee day-to-day operations of in-town programs (clinic, U8, U10 intown); make determinations on number of teams and assign players to teams; address issues that arise within the programs; ensure all programs have proper equipment/uniforms.
- Director of Coaches: chairman of the Coaches Committee; responsible for all matters related to coaches; interact and coordinate with all coaches; organize & schedule training and seasonal information meetings.
- Director of Fields: responsible for scheduling of all club fields; making decisions on use of fields in inclement weather; communication with the town's Park & Recreation Department, including submitting semi-annual requests for field use; communicating safety and other issues regarding field conditions including nets and lines; requesting in-door gym space for winter programs.
- Director of Uniforms & Equipment: Chairman of the Uniform Committee; responsible for the buying and distribution of uniforms, game equipment and first aid kits; keeping track of inventory of all equipment; collecting and storing all returnable items during the off-season.
- Director of Publicity: responsible for all forms of publicity in the media as appropriate.
- Director of Referees: Recruits and assigns referees for all NHSC home games; handles any issues related to refereeing during the season; summarizes and provides referee payment information to the Treasurer monthly.
- Director of Fund Raising: responsible for devising and instituting fund raising activities for NHSC.
- President: elected position; oversees all aspects of running the club; setting goals, direction and objectives; working with town officials for the growth and betterment of the club.
- First Vice-President: elected position; fills the role of the president in their absence; assists in all matters of running the club.
- Second Vice-President: elected position; fills the role of the president in the adsence of the president and 1st VP; duties also include semi-annual organization and scheduling of club registration dates, including soliciting volunteers; additionally responsible for organizing and scheduling any required player evaluations as instructed by the executive board.
- Treasurer: elected position; has custody of all funds and maintains all financial records of the club; responsible for filing of all regulatory requirements.
- Secretary: elected position; records the minutes of each meeting and responsible for any and all correspondence on behalf of the NHSC as directed by the membership, executive board, or the officers. The Secretary shall be responsible for the storage and retrieval of all minutes and correspondence of the NHSC.