C.F.A.B.A. – Fee/Refund Policy
General Refund Policy (Spring/Fall Seasons)
· All funds paid to or collected by Cuyahoga Falls Amateur Baseball Association (C.F.A.B.A.) are non-refundable in each instance except as otherwise stated in this Policy.
· Refunds of registration fees will be considered by the C.F.A.B.A. Board of Directors on a case by case basis.
· Each request for a refund must be made in writing, sent to [email protected], for review by the C.F.A.B.A. Board of Directors. The written request must include the reason why the affected player does not intend to participate in the C.F.A.B.A. (see below for specifics regarding making a refund request). No refunds will be considered or processed unless and until the Board of Directors has received an appropriate written refund request.
· After the C.F.A.B.A. Board of Directors has received and reviewed an appropriate written request, registration fee refunds will be processed as follows.
o If the written request is received prior to the date of the first clinic session/scheduled practice, 100% of the registration fee (less a $5 administrative fee) will be refunded.
o If the written request is received after the first clinic session/scheduled practice but prior to the date of the first scheduled game, 50% of the registration fee (less a $5 administrative fee) will be refunded.
o No registration fee requests will be considered or processed after the first scheduled game date.
· All refunds will be refunded back via check or by a credit back to the credit card used for payment issued by the league Treasurer.
· NO cash refunds will be issued.
· Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing.
· At no point, will any refund be given if the player or their relative has been dismissed or suspended due to unsportsmanlike behavior or failure to comply with behavior guidelines.
· No refunds, regardless of the date, will be granted if a person attempts to register providing fraudulent data. example - Date of Birth, Wrong address, etc.
· In the event of a dispute, appeals to the C.F.A.B.A. fee/refund policy must be made to the league treasurer via email ([email protected]) to or at one of the regular monthly meetings.
Exception: A prorated refund will be returned in the case of injury, provided a doctor's excuse is given with the request.
How to Request a Refund
· The requesting email’s Subject Line must be titled “Refund Request”
· The message body must include the following:
o The player or players’ name
o Player’s parent or guardian’s name
o League the player was registered or playing in, i.e. – Coach Pitch, H League, etc.
o Reason for the refund
COVID-19 Refund Policy
If the season or clinics are cancelled in their entirety due to COVID-19, C.F.A.B.A. will offer families the option of: (1) a full refund less the registration processing fee; (2) a credit in the full amount (registration fee + registration processing fee) that is valid through close of registration for the Fall season; (3) the option to make a tax deductible donation of the registration fee to C.F.A.B.A. In the event the Fall season or clinics are suspended after the start of practice or the clinic, C.F.A.B.A. will attempt to provide a credit or refund based on how much of the season was played less the administrative fees, costs of uniforms, field costs, and any other sunk costs incurred by C.F.A.B.A. up until the point of season cancellation.
Skills Clinic Refund Policy
Full refunds (less $5 administrative fee) are available upon request if the request is received one week prior to the start of the clinic (e.g., if the clinic begins on Saturday, February 20, C.F.A.B.A. must receive a written request for cancellation no later than Saturday, February 13). No refunds will otherwise be provided except as otherwise noted below. All refund requests must be made via email to [email protected]. Refunds will be issued back via check or by a credit back to the credit card used for payment.
Cancellation by C.F.A.B.A. or the facility that is rented by C.F.A.B.A. to COVID or other reasons:
If cancelled by C.F.A.B.A. or the facility that is rented by C.F.A.B.A. prior to clinic start date registrants will be given the option of (1) a full refund (less $5 admin fee) to their original form of payment or (2) a C.F.A.B.A. credit (including admin fee and valid for use through close of registration for the Spring 2022 season). If cancelled by C.F.A.B.A. or the facility that is rented by C.F.A.B.A. after the start of the clinic, registrants will be provided a credit by C.F.A.B.A. in the amount of any remaining classes (less $5 admin fee).
Cancellation Due to Weather:
If a day of clinic is canceled by C.F.A.B.A. due to weather, a makeup date will be provided, and no credits or refunds will be issued. C.F.A.B.A. & the City of Cuyahoga Falls makes all decisions related to weather cancellations and makeups.