Trinity Youth Football League Cheerleading Program Guidelines
As a division of Trinity Youth Football League, TYFL Cheerleading strives to develop young athletes with the aptitude to become leaders and Christian servants both on and off the football field through lifelong values of teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, and a superior work ethic. Our goal for cheerleading is to teach our young cheerleaders how to work hard, have fun and improve their skills so they can reach their full potential.
Our Cheerleading Program leadership team has a passion for working with children to help them develop the necessary social skills they will learn such as empathy, conflict resolution and showing their respect for others in a fun and teamwork environment.
· Registration opens April 1st and closes at midnight on July 1st.
· Registration is only available online at www.trinityyouthfootball.com
· Registration is $70 and is payable online at the time of registering. This is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
· Each cheerleader will each receive a uniform skirt and top as well as a hair bow and pom pom’s to keep upon the close of the season as well as a seasoned themed keepsake.
· Outdoor play clothes will be sufficient for practices.
· Cheerleaders are responsible for their own tennis shoes.
· The following divisions are available within the Trinity Youth Football Cheerleading Program:
o Kindergarten | Beginning August 2023
o 1st/2nd Grade | Beginning August 2023
o 3rd/4th Grade | Beginning August 2023
o 5th/6th Grade | TBD
o 7th/8th Grade | TBD
CHEERLEADER ELIGIBILTY | AGE RULES
· All participants must register online based upon their incoming Fall school year grade.
· TYFL uses the below grade categories for the Cheerleading Program:
o 1st/2nd Grade
o 3rd/4th Grade
· If participation is not great enough, age groups may be combined at the discretion of TYFL Board of Directors.
· All children in the above categories are eligible to participate regardless of their demographic, school, Church, or religious affiliation.
· We’re proud to have young athletes from all over Southern Indiana including 13 zip codes, who participate in TYFL.
TEAMS | ROSTERS
· All team rosters are created and maintained by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Coaches are not allowed to make any changes or additions to their rosters.
· All roster changes/additions/deletions must be done by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Game schedules will be created and maintained by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Once the schedule has been finalized, it can be found on our website under ‘Schedule’. It will also be shared among our league app as communicated from the registration confirmation notes.
· The season will begin in early August consisting of 6 games, concluding at the end of September.
· Two practices are mandatory prior to cheering at their first game.
· Practices will be held on Thursday evenings from 6pm-7:30pm at Trinity Lutheran High School, 1 Trinity Way, Seymour, IN 47274.
· Games will be held on Saturday mornings at 9am.
· TYFL observes and respects your time as a family, therefore no games will be held over Labor Day weekend.
· All TYFL athletes will have the opportunity to participate in the Oktoberfest parade being on the first Saturday in October. TYFL will host a float where our younger players and cheerleaders will ride allowing our older athletes to walk in uniform.
ANNUAL GAME DAY OF GIVING
· The second Saturday in September following Labor Day, TYFL has made a conscious effort to lead by example with a ‘Game Day of Giving’ built into our season schedule each year. This special Saturday allows our players an opportunity to give back to our communities. Such efforts have included honoring our First Responders to having our children bring together much needed pantry items for those families in need. Our children will learn how to be successful both on and off the football field in ways they will cherish the rest of their lives.
PLAYOFFS | TOURNAMENT PLAY
· All playoff and/or tournament play will be communicated during the season.
· Playoff scheduling or post season tournament play will not be available for grades K-4 Flag Football Division players and cheerleaders unless otherwise communicated by the Board of Directors.
· All coaches are volunteer positions and will be USA Football certified with age-appropriate education ensuring coaches know how to best connect with their athlete.
· All coaches will have a background check prior to the start of the season.
· The coaches will enforce the Trinity Youth Football League values also to include fair play, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
· Interested in coaching or volunteering, you may register online or email us at [email protected] to learn more.
OFFICIATING | REFEREES
· All referees will be assigned by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· All games will be officiated with a minimum of 1 official.
· All interpretations of the rules during the game made by the referee are final. Officials do reserve the right to remove any participant or coach from the game field if such disciplinary action is warranted.
· Actions that may be deemed inappropriate or warrant ejection or removal include but are not limited to player safety concerns, foul language, over aggressive or physical play, taunting, bad sportsmanship, etc.
· Please refer to the USA Football Youth Flag Rulebook and Implementation Guide for more details.
PLAYER CONDUCT | SPORTSMANSHIP
· Any player ejected from a game for any reason may not be allowed to participate in that teams next scheduled game if deemed appropriate by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· TYFL reserves the right to extend the suspension period if the reason for ejection in their opinion is severe enough.
· For more information, please refer to the USA Football Youth Flag Rulebook and Implementation Guide.