Trinity Youth Football League Tackle Program Guidelines
Trinity Youth Football League (TYFL) is designed to provide youth boys and girls with a safe and fun environment in which to learn and play tackle football. Our mission is to develop young athletes with the aptitude to become leaders and Christian servants both on and off the football field through lifelong values of teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, and a superior work ethic. Managed and ran at the local level by local leaders, our league is intended to keep our children active and engaged with a Christ-centered focus.
Partnering with USA Football, TYFL has already grown to become a noble football league recognized nationally within USA Football’s organization for exceeding the standards our families expect. With aligned goals, TYFL is designed “to maximize player enjoyment and skill development, providing all players meaningful playing time and the opportunity for success.”
· Registration opens April 1st and closes at midnight on July 1st.
· Registration is only available online at www.trinityyouthfootball.com
· Registration is $150.00 and is payable online at the time of registering. This is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
· Registration includes the use of the highest standards of Riddell equipment including uniform, practice jersey, shoulder pads, and a helmet.
· Players receive a TYFL performance shirt, mouthpiece and season themed keepsake identifying each season’s bible verse.
· Players are responsible for his or her own cleats.
· The following divisions are available within the Trinity Youth Football League’s Tackle Program:
o 5th/6th Grade | Beginning August 2023
o 7th/8th Grade | TBD
PLAYER ELIGIBILTY | AGE RULES
· All participants must register online based upon their incoming Fall school year grade.
· TYFL uses the below grade categories for the TYFL Tackle Program.
o 5th/6th Grade | Beginning August 2023
o 7th/8th Grade | TBD
· If participation is not great enough, age groups may be combined at the discretion of TYFL Board of Directors.
· All children in the above categories are eligible to play regardless of their demographic, school, Church, or religious affiliation.
· We’re proud to have players from all over Southern Indiana including 13 zip codes, who participate in TYFL.
TEAMS | ROSTERS
· All team rosters are created and maintained by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Coaches are not allowed to make any changes or additions to their rosters.
· All roster changes/additions/deletions must be done by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Game schedules will be created and maintained by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· Once the schedule has been finalized, it can be found on our website under ‘Schedule’. It will also be shared among our league app as communicated from the registration confirmation notes.
· The season will begin in early August consisting of 7 games, concluding at the end of September.
· Two practices are mandatory prior to the players first game.
· Practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm-7:30pm at Trinity Lutheran High School, 1 Trinity Way, Seymour, IN 47274.
· Games will be held on Saturday mornings at 9am.
· All home games will be held at Trinity Lutheran High School, 1 Trinity Way, Seymour, IN 47274. Away games will vary depending on the season schedule from year to year.
· Transportation will be provided to and from all away games departing from Trinity Lutheran High School.
· TYFL observes and respects your time as a family, therefore no games will be held over Labor Day weekend.
· All TYFL athletes will have the opportunity to participate in the Oktoberfest parade being on the first Saturday in October. TYFL will host a float where our younger players and cheerleaders will ride allowing our older athletes to walk in uniform.
ANNUAL GAME DAY OF GIVING
· The second Saturday in September following Labor Day, TYFL has made a conscious effort to lead by example with a ‘Game Day of Giving’ built into our season schedule each year. This special Saturday allows our players an opportunity to give back to our communities. Such efforts have included honoring our First Responders to having our children bring together much needed pantry items for those families in need. Our children will learn how to be successful both on and off the football field in ways they will cherish the rest of their lives.
PLAYOFFS | TOURNAMENT PLAY
· Playoff scheduling or post season tournament play will be communicated during regular season play and can be found on our website once made available.
YOUTH FOOTBALL SIZING CHART
· All coaches are volunteer positions and will be USA Football certified with age-appropriate education ensuring coaches know how to best connect with their athlete.
· All coaches will have a background check prior to the start of the season.
· The coaches will enforce the Trinity Youth Football League values also to include fair play, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
· Interested in coaching or volunteering, you may register online or email us at [email protected] to learn more.
OFFICIATING | REFEREES
· All home game referees will be assigned by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· All games will be officiated with a minimum of 2 licensed officials.
· All interpretations of the rules during the game made by the referee are final. Officials do reserve the right to remove any participant or coach from the game field if such disciplinary action is warranted.
· Actions that may be deemed inappropriate or warrant ejection or removal include but are not limited to player safety concerns, foul language, over aggressive or physical play, taunting, bad sportsmanship, etc.
· Please refer to the USA Football Youth Tackle Rulebook and Implementation Guide for more details.
PLAYER CONDUCT | SPORTSMANSHIP
· Any player ejected from a game for any reason may not be allowed to participate in that teams next scheduled game if deemed appropriate by the TYFL Board of Directors.
· TYFL reserves the right to extend the suspension period if the reason for ejection in their opinion is severe enough.
For more information, please refer to the USA Football Youth Tackle Rulebook and Implementation Guide.