BJSA COVID-19 Guidelines
BJSA has adopted the following guidelines for all players and spectators attending games at any Burlington Town field. Should you have reasons that you or your child may not be able to adhere to these guidelines, please contact BJSA at [email protected]
• Coaches, Players, Parents must stay home if sick or experiencing any COVID-19 Symptoms
• If a player has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with a person with symptoms, in addition to staying home, please notify your coach and BJSA Admin immediately by email: [email protected]
• Daily Health Check: Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring player temperature and symptoms prior to arrival. COVID-19 CDC-defined symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, or any of the following symptoms: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell.
• Coaches, players, parents and staff are required to wear a mask for the duration of their time at Burlington Fields. This includes arrival, during the game, restroom use and departure.
• Masks are not required for players while actively participating in the game.
• Everyone must adhere to social distancing recommendations when participants are not playing (on the bench, sideline, etc.).
• Adhere to wearing masks when not playing and on the bench o Coaches are required to wear masks during games
• Teams and referees are not to engage in traditional sportsmanship gestures, such as post-match handshakes. Teams are encouraged to find new ways to show sportsmanship
• Spectators must follow social distancing recommendations including the wearing of masks as well as maintaining at least 6 feet of physical distance from one another. This includes social distancing from Assistant Referee’s
o Spectator lines will be painted on the field and all spectators are required to be behind the lines and spaced out 6’ from other households.
o We ask that spectators be limited as much as reasonably possible.
o If spectators do attend, they should limit the retrieval of soccer balls should they go out of play and let the players retrieve the ball.
• Players should not arrive more than 20 minutes prior to the start of their game
• Please follow all signage for player and spectator areas and follow any direction provided by BJSA Board members, team officials and game officials.
• Please review the BJSA field maps to identify spectator areas and player areas. Spectators are not permitted to enter into the player areas for any reason, unless requested by a game official. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with the above guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]