Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity of working with and getting to know your children. We have AWESOME coaches eager to teach your children how to play the great game of soccer. The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the Pima Soccer League’s Philosophy & Objectives and Expected Behavior for both parents and players. We encourage you to go through them with your children so that there won’t be any confusion of what is expected of all who attend or participate during the 2021 season.
Philosophy and Objectives
- Teach soccer fundamentals and teamwork
- Respect for coaches, referees, teammates, and opposing players.
- Safe environment
- Our success will be measured by achieving the above and by our improvement, not by wins and losses.
Expected Behavior for Parents
- Positive encouragement is good; negative comments are bad.
- Cheering is GOOD, but do not yell instructions to your child or anyone else’s child during a game. It can be distracting and different from what the coaches are saying. Be careful not to say anything that might be taken the wrong way or hurt someone else’s feelings. Remember- this is for fun and these are children!
- Be a good role model for sportsmanship.
- Do not yell for any reason at the referees, coaches, or the opposing team. Never boo the other team or cheer when they make a mistake. If you have any concerns about the calls made by the referees, or about any other matter, please take them to the coach first. If you need further assistance, contact the organization’s officer.
Expected Behavior for the Players
A. Behavior Rules
- Everyone must follow directions given by coaches, assistant coaches, and referees.
- Everyone must hustle and DO THEIR BEST.
- When the coach or assistant coach is talking you must listen.
- Everyone is expected to be a good sport whether your team won or lost (parents included).
- No cursing or name-calling.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated.
B. Safety rules
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Dangerous behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not climb on the goal net.
ILLNESS POLICY: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we must be vigilant in preventing the spread of illness. If anybody (coaches, family members of players, spectators, players, refs) is feeling ill, please, don’t attend practices or games. We desire to have a successful season free of fear. We don’t want to have whole teams quarantined because someone who was ill chose to expose others at practices or games. Pima Soccer League encourages social distancing of spectators at games.
For information on official FIFA rules, please visit:
We are excited about the upcoming season and hope that as we work together as parents, coaches and players we can create a positive atmosphere in which the 2021 soccer season will be the best ever. Thank you for all your support! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: [email protected]
Pima Soccer League