NFL FLAG'S FEMALES IN FLAG in partnership with 49ERS VARSITY FLAG FOOTBALL
WHAT IS 49ERS VARSITY FLAG FOOTBALL?
49ers Varsity Flag Football is a collaboration between the Gratitude Sports Acdemy and the San Francisco 49ers. The goal of this initiative is to grow flag football throughout Northern California while providing memorable and unique experiences for our participants. Gratitude Sports Academy is dedicated to ensuring that EVERY GIRL who wants to play has a an opportunity to do so. Lets reimagine youth sports together.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS OFFERING?
49ers Varsity Flag Football offers non-contact flag football leagues designed for girls from ages 5 through 14.
This 6-8 week practice/game season is a 5 vs. 5, non-contact, recreational format. All league play takes place on Sundays. Teams meet and practice before their scheduled game times. Games will be scheduled on the hour and will consist of two (24-minute) halves with a two minute halftime. The typical team size is 8 to 10 children. Our teams are lead by up to three parent volunteers (Head Coach, Assistant Coaches and Team Manager positions).
The league provides most of the required equipment. The Division price includes a High-PerformanceNFL FLAG reversible jersey, shorts, and flag-belt. Cleats are recommended. Cleats must be molded and may not be metal.
In addition to the typical league offering, the Varsity 49ers League are also receiving the following exclusive offerings!
EXCLUSIVE 49ERS VARSITY GEAR
All 49ers Varsity Flag Football players will receive a league shirt and a drawstring bag!
49ERS ALUMNI LEAGUE VISITS - All 49ers history is rich in tradition. You can expect a visit from 49ers alumni.
49ERS KIDS CLUB MEMBERSHIP - The 49ers kids club membership is included with your registration to Varsity Flag.
GSA's Female in Flag is offered to girls ages 5 - 14 years old and we are proud to be developed as a future feeder league for the new CIF HS Girls Programs! No Prior Experience Necessary.
FEMALES IN FLAG - Season Operations:
Site Locations - 2024 Season: 3401 Mayhew Road, Sacramento, CA 95823
GAMES ARE PLAYED ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS - SEASON STARTS MARCH 2024
REGISTRATION LINKS BELOW
1. NFL Flag Football Season: Girls NFL Flag season runs from Early March thru Mid May with at least 6 regular games regular season + playoffs. Player No experience is Necesaary.
2. Age-Based Organization: NFL Flag is an age-based program. This ensures better balance as sometimes kids are up in higher grades or in lower grades for various reasons. Age-based with two-year playing divisions keeps the program more balanced and competitive.. We do not allow participants to 'play down' at any level.
3. Practice/Game Schedule: One of the best parts about GSA's NFL Flag PRogram is that ALL practices and games are on the SAME DAY - there is only a 2-hour commitment each week. Practices take place one hour prior to a participant's scheduled game time.
4. Game Play: NFL Flag is a 5 versus 5, NON-CONTACT Program. The field length is 50 yards long - up to 4 games operate simultaneously on the same regulation football field.
5. Adult/Mentor Coaches: All teams are assigned a local-area high school student-athlete as a Mentor Coach to their respective team. Parent volunteers are the Heach Coach and our Student/Mentor coach is to ASSIST our Head Coaches while developing their coaching skills.
5. NFL Uniforms: All players receive a high-quality NFL Flag uniform that includes both a Reversible Game Jersey and game-day shorts. All players will be fitted for their uniforms during evaluations. Uniforms will be distributed during NFL Flag Fest! Flag belts are also included. Molded Cleats are required.
More Information About GSA's NFL Flag:
The GSA NFL Flag Program's goal is to teach the fundamentals, principles, and techniques of flag football in a safe and encouraging environment.
GSA NFL Flag is an active partner in the FEMALES IN FLAG INITIATIVE!
We strive to keep the commitment to a minimum for parents. We are parents as well and know all too well the busy schedules with education, other sports, and family activities. Practices and Games will ALWAYS be on the same day with practices one hour prior to game start time. Any practices scheduled outside of this time by coaches are not encuraged and are not mandatory for any participant.