** All new referees must be certified prior to 5/1 to be eligible for reimbursement. Reimbursement will occur after 7/31.
- Go to the MN State Referee website: www.minnesotasrc.com
- Find the New Referee instructions. This will provide you with the information you need to become a referee through the US Soccer Federation.
- Attend a certification clinic. The clinic will teach you a variety of things including the usage of Affinity Sports. Affinity Sports is used to check in players and coaches at games.
- After you complete of the ref course, contact Angie Buffington at [email protected] and Scott Hoffman at [email protected]. They will set up an account in Game Officials for you. Game Officials is used by all of the soccer clubs in Minnesota to assign referees and disburse payments.
- Recertification is required on an annual basis.
SPSC REFEREE INCENTIVE PROGRAM
SPSC offers an incentive program for new referees. It's a great opportunity to learn the game in depth and earn some money! This program is for individuals age 13 and older. After completing the entire certification process and officiating at least 5 games in a season, SPSC will reimburse the cost of the certification.
Experienced referees can be reimbursed for the cost of the recertification after officiating 5 games in a season.
Referee questions and concerns can be directed to the Ref Coordinator at [email protected].