CDO Soccer Club is implementing a new component to our coach education program starting in 2014-15, focusing on playing soccer "the right way" and helping our coaches have the tools to best aid our players and their long term development.
- To develop confident players who want the ball, attacking mentality
- To assist players in a commitment to technical quality
- To encourage players able to make decisions for themselves, unafraid of mistakes
- To nurture flair and creativity in 1v1 situations
- To promote maximum effort to win the ball back as quickly as possible upon turnovers
- To control games through a possession based style of play
This will take some time to introduce, although in order to help it happen, the following steps are being taken.
1. Training will shut down once a month (on rotating nights) for in house coach education, with sessions from either the director of coaching or guest educators.
2. An updated online curriculum exclusively for CDO coaches.
3. Self assessment of training sessions and game management.
4. Game observations and independent external coaching assessments.