Referee PayU8 Center
$15.00 U12 Center
$25.00 U13-U16 Center
$60.00 U19 Center
$20.00 U12 AR
$15.00 U13-U16 AR
$25.00 U19 AR
Inspect the Field:
- Look for holes or depressions that could cause twisted or broken ankles and see if holes can be filled. All dangerous rocks, trash, or other objects that don’t belong on the field should be removed.
- Nets should be securely fastened to the goal posts and netting pulled back so as not to interfere with the goalkeeper. Make sure there are no holes in the nets where a ball can get through. Have it repaired (if possible) before the game starts.
- Goal posts must be securely anchored to the ground. Sandbags on the frame toward the rear are acceptable. Posts don’t have to be in the ground, but they must be anchored.
- No matter how good the goals look at a distance, always carefully inspect them. If they are not securely anchored do not start the game. Safety first! Any problems, even if corrected, must be reported to Referee assignor.
- Corner flags are in place and are not dangerous to players (at least 5 ft high).
- Entire field is properly lined.
- If anything is needed, the home team is responsible for fixing field problems.
- Any issues with the field should be noted on the game report.
Meet the Coaches:
- Be sure to introduce yourself and your ARs to the coaches. Besides letting the coaches know who you are, it will give you an idea on what to expect from them
- While you are there, ask for rosters.
Check in the Players:
- You should start with the team that appears to be most ready for inspection.
- Make sure that all jewelry, earrings, watches, etc. have been removed. A medical ID must be taped to the player’s chest or taped to the wrist with the info showing. (Earrings must be removed. Covering them with tape does not make them legal).
- All players must wear shin guards and socks must be pulled over shin guards.
- Player’s shirts are to be tucked in.
- Check in players and coaches as per the requirements and the Rules of Competition for that league.