Website Manager

Avonworth Athletic Association

You Are Here : Home

News Detail


Apr, 2020

2020 Spring Baseball Season Update

Avonworth Baseball Families,

Since we first communicated, there have been additional changes in the country and our community regarding the duration of the school cancellations and stay at home orders.  Currently, both Little League International and Pony have set May 11th as the first date for any Spring season activity.  The feeling from the board was this is likely an overly optimistic date; however, we are still committed to providing a season for the youth in our community even if the season would extend into the Summer.

As an organization, there are still expenses we are going to incur over the coming months such as general maintenance, lawn care and utilities.   These are items that will happen regardless of the ability to play baseball in the coming months.  We understand that families may also be dealing with difficult financial decisions at this time as well and may be requesting a refund of fees paid for the Spring season.  If you have registered for the Spring season, please look for an email in the next few days that will provide a link and an online form to complete to indicate your intentions.  We plan to offer the following options:

  1. Leave registration in place for a postponed season
  2. Refund of registration fees (less any outstanding balance and transaction fees applied during registration)
  3. Cancel registration and elect for a partial refund of fees and designate a portion (or all) as a donation to Avonworth Athletic Association (we are a 501(c)3 organization  and donations are tax deductible)

Please note that we are all volunteers managing this organization and we will not accept phone requests or emails for refunds - all will be processed through the online request.

For anyone on a Sunday League team, we will be assessing the impact to the Sunday League season and will  work with each team to confirm league plans and refund options.

There has been discussion regarding the planned Cash Bash as well.  We are still committed to holding this event and the timing will depend upon the safety and ability to again gather based on recommendations by our government leaders.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take a wait and see approach over the coming weeks.

Michael Hetcko
Avonworth Athletic Association
Copyright © 2020 Avonworth Athletic Association
Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In