Sandy Springs is affiliated with the prestigious Dizzy Dean Baseball organization. All of our leagues are recreational, with an instructional focus while providing opportunities for all skill levels.
- Rookie League - Ages 4-5
- International League - Age 6
- A League - Age 7
- AA League - Age 8
- AAA League - Age 9
- American/National Leagues - Ages 10-12
For additional information on each league, please see the individual league tabs.
Ages for baseball leagues are calculated based on the age cutoffs defined by Dizzy Dean Baseball, which is based on the the player age as of April 30th, 2020
Back Again in 2019 is special format for our beginners in Rookie Ball (4-5YO)
Our Rookie Ball Program is designed as a low key introduction to baseball for 4 & 5 year old players just starting out. We execute station based practices to teach the fundamentals of baseball in a fun way with lots of movement and variety. We offer weekly games on Saturdays that start out as traditional Tee-Ball and can advance along with individual players into a hybrid of some coach toss and tee ball. We have small rosters which helps in keeping the pace of games quick and increasing opportunities for infield play in order to keep players interested and engaged. Typical schedule is 1 practice and 1 game per week.
See FAQ's for more information on what equipment your child will need and bat requirements.
Baseball Evaluations & Tryouts
- Rookie and International league players (ages 4-6) will be placed on teams by the league director and no evaluation is conducted
- A Ball - AAA Ball (ages 7-9) need to attend an evaluation and then all coaches will draft players onto their teams
- National League (ages 10-12) will have a tryout and all other players will be in the American League and drafted onto teams by coaches.
Key Dates (2020 TENTATIVE):
- Jan. 25th - Jan 26th: Evaluation/Tryouts for all leagues (excluding Rookie 4/5YO and International 6YO)
- NL/AL (10-12YO), AAA Ball (9YO), AA Ball (8YO), A Ball (7YO) need to attend
- Players will be assigned to a specific time slot once registration closes (5+ days prior to evaluations) (timeslots typically range from 11am-5pm)
- If a player is not able to attend their assigned time slot, they can attend a make-up evaluation which will be held one evening during the week of January 27th
- Rookie & IL (4-6YO) do not have an evaluation. They will be placed on teams by the league director.
- By Feb. 1st: Coaches will contact all players notifying them of their team and first few practice dates (excluding Rookie & Intl)
- Feb. 1: Rookie & International Skills Carnival
- Feb. 2: All Rookie & International players will receive team assignments and first few practice dates
- Feb. 1 - Feb. 7: Practices begin
- Feb. 29: Games begin for all leagues excluding Rookie and International
- Mar. 7th:(Saturday): Opening Ceremonies at 12pm and games begin for Rookie and International Leagues (4-6YO)