AC Cugini Scholarship Program
Since its founding in 2000, AC Cugini has been committed to making sure soccer is available to children with financial need, whether playing in a recreational team or a travel teamScholarships are a privilege, not a right, particularly when limited funds are available to support players financially. Therefore, AC Cugini expects each scholarship recipient and their parents to view the scholarship policy seriously and illustrate commitment to their team by attending all practices and games and participating in fund-raising activities.
- The number of scholarships is based on available funds in the AC Cugini Scholarship Fund.
- Scholarships are granted per season (recreational or house league players) or for 11-months (travel team members).
To be eligible, applicants must be a Fairfax County resident and currently
receiving assistance from one or more of the following programs::
- Free or Reduced School Lunch in a Fairfax County Public School;
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF);
- Aid for Dependent Children;
1) Parents must submit the AC Cugini registration form for the program in which their child is enrolling along with the AC Cugini Scholarship Application form and applicable payment to AC Cugini officials
2) In addition, parents must also complete the Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship Waiver form and submit to their child's school counselor who wlll sign the form and return to the parent.The parent must then submit the completed and signed Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship Waiver form to Cugini officials.
3) AC Cugini's Executive Director will notify the parent is their child's scholarship was approved or denied, or, if additional information is required to approve the scholarship.
Scholarships are available ONLY to Fairfax County residents.
Approval of a scholarship is not a guarantee of assistance for future seasons or another program year.
Attendance at all practices and games year round is mandatory as is 15 hours of Cugini Community Service each fall and spring for players age 13 and older.
AC Cugini's Board of Directors reserve the right not to renew scholarships of any players who repeatedly miss practice or games.
Team tournament fees and indoor league fees are not covered by the scholarship. Players must make arrangements with team managers directly to pay these fees.