How We Stack Up with other Clubs
Comparing LCGSA with other local academy and club organizations
- Cost: Because LCGSA does not pay overhead to large parent organizations and all our coaches and staff are volunteers our cost is only $300 for the fall season (including uniforms cost) and $200 for the spring season (if player participated in the fall and has the uniform).
- No Hidden Charges: Unlike other clubs, our coaches are all volunteers so you are not expected to cover their cost for out of town trips. Other clubs expect you to pay the mileage, hotel, and food cost for their coaches. A lot of times this can add close to $100 to your travel cost for out of town tournaments and friendly matches.
- Coaches: Our coaches are licensed and attend the same training through SCYSA that all other Clubs in our state attend. Because they typically move levels with their teams they are better able to understand each players tendencies and spend multiple seasons helping each player move their weaknesses to strengths. This helps to develop each player as a well rounded soccer player.
- Flexibility and consistency in teams: LCGSA coaches move with their teams from year to year. With other clubs players are frequently moved between teams and each game can see a different coach for that team. Players can get lost in the large shuffle of teams and coaches. At LCGSA, coaches are expected to be at their games and practices on a regular basis and seek input from other coaches in our league on how to improve players skills and team success. This allows the players to develop familiarity with each other and a strong chemistry most other club teams cannot match. Players are able to concentrate on improving their overall skills and not focusing on adapting to a new coach every season.
- Competitiveness: Did you know that LCGSA's 2013/2014 u17 girls team won the state cup and was very competitive at regionals in Alabama last Spring. This past spring our u12 girls won all but one of their League games and were undefeated against Liverpool and other Clubs in our region. Our other age groups have also been very successful with winning seasons and wins against other Clubs in our region. We currently have a large pool of players in our Club who play soccer for many of the high schools in our area to include: Swansea High, Lexington High, River Bluff, Gilbert, BC, Airport and PAC.
- We Are Growing: This spring we fielded teams from u10 to u19. This fall we are set to expand our ages to include u8 girls and multiple teams at multiple ages.
Congratulations to Weapon 11 for placing as PMSL State Champions! Steve Hersey and his u17 team will compete next at regionals in Alabama.