Coaching education is free for all members of Greenfield Area Soccer Club. This is a $100 value provided by Indiana Soccer.
The “E” license is an 18 hour course which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepares interested coaches for the “D” License Course.
What are the Key Components of the “E” License Course?
- Develop the core competencies necessary to effectively teach youth soccer athletes and teams.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stages of U.S. Soccer’s Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Understand and effectively apply the principles of Long Term Athlete Development
- Demonstrate competency in planning and age-appropriate training session
- Demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending the small-sided game environment (3v3 to 9v9 )