What is a QuickSkills Soccer Center?
A Soccer Center
is a centralized and localized training program for youth soccer players. A community soccer club acts as the “Host Club”
and Professional Soccer Trainers provide training to players from the host club and surrounding clubs at the host club’s fields.
You don't have to be a member of the host club to participate in this program
. Players from any surrounding clubs that wish to participate can sign up!
What is the Purpose of a Soccer Center?
- Offer professional, economical, age appropriate training that is “close to home”
- Offer players “something extra” in their development as young soccer athletes
- U7 & U8 Boys & Girls*
- U9 & U10 Boys & Girls*
*Please note that not all Soccer Centers currently offer training for the same age groups so check the specific Soccer Center
Curriculum & Sessions
- Training at the Soccer Centers will be organized around both age and ability
- The program will be progressive by session and by season which means it will build on itself over time (similar to what occurs in schools)
- There will be an element of Speed & Agility and Coordination & Movement Skills included in the program to help with overall athletic development
Players will learn to work with the ball and develop the vital skills that lead to ball mastery and confidence in different game situations. The Soccer centers focus on developing the skills to play the game at a higher level using technical training techniques and small group play. Sample topics include:
- Quick Feet & Ball Mastery
- Dribbling Moves, Turns, Tricks & Juggling
- First Touch & Receiving
- Shooting & Scoring Techniques
- Small Group Tactics
- Small Sided Tournament Games & Festival Games with other Regional Soccer Centers
Benefits to Players & Parents
- High level of attention and a focus on players
- Professional Training
- Feedback & Evaluation
- Training T-Shirts
- Home Training Program
- Parent “tips”
- Coaching Education Clinics for coaches in the host club and surrounding clubs
- Discounts to future QuickSkills Soccer programs including summer camps and clinics!
Soccer Center Coaching Staff
Program Director Jerry Concannon
holds a USSF “A” Coaching License
and a National Youth Coaching License
. The QuickSkills coaching staff and trainers are certified or licensed through the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA), United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), or other coaching education programs. The coaches have appropriate Clearances to work with children.
The coaches adhere to and sign the QuickSkills Non-Recruit Agreement
. The Soccer Centers are not designed to endorse, promote, or recruit players into any specific organizations. They are intended to provide a neutral training opportunity for all players. The primary focus is on the player’s current development and enjoyment of the game of soccer absent of outside influences.
The purpose of the QuickSkills Soccer Centers is to provide a localized, centralized, cost-effective professional training program for youth soccer players. This is a program where these players are the main focus and they receive both a quality training environment and the opportunity to compete against other Regional Soccer Center in various events.
QuickSkills believes that this type of program will provide insight and education to both parents and volunteer coaches that will further enhance the experience of the players. Involving other clubs in the process also improves the overall level of soccer in the area and fosters a stronger sense of purpose.